It's really something when the answers start pouring in, like when a weary hiker discovers a beautiful waterfall. Well, I wish this were that refreshing. I've been suffering from terrible brain fog the last few days. I've long suspected that dairy isn't good for me, and as I made a lasagna earlier this week and have had the leftovers for several meals...I've been feeling quite horrible. The word dairy kept coming to my mind. It's the dairy! It's the dairy! this little inaudible voice would say. I've eaten quite horribly today but no dairy, and my brain already seems to be clearing a bit. Enough for me to have the sense to do a little research online.
I searched for information on brain fog and found a somewhat helpful article. As I read it, I thought, yes that could be a cause for me...maybe not that...but yes, this, too, and maybe that also. One of the possible causes is electromagnetic toxicity. I have suspected for a while that I may be sensitive to electrical fields, including my computer screen, which I keep choosing to ignore despite the way it drains me. I'm not so sure I should be ignoring that. As of late, I've even been having less desire to go to my computer, source of so much enjoyment. But the desire to connect keeps pulling me to it--I can't let go. But maybe I do need to let go. Maybe take a vacation from it. Or severely limit my time on it.
The article also mentioned copper toxicity as a possible culprit for brain fog. I was intrigued, so I clicked over to this article. If the first article was a little stream, this one was the waterfall. I think I may have hit the goldmine, er, coppermine. Did you know that there is a "copper personality"? These people who accumulate copper easily tend to have a "warm, caring, sensitive, emotional nature, often with artistic orientation and a child-like quality" and also young-looking and intuitive.
"When the personality is not fully integrated or the copper becomes too high, negative traits show up. These include spaciness, racing thoughts, living in a dream world and naiveté. Other qualities include childishness, excessive emotions, sentimentality, a tendency to depression, fearfulness, hidden anger and resentments, phobias, psychosis and violence. Artists, inventors and other high-copper types often "live on the edge", in part due to their high copper level."The positive qualities sound exactly like me, though the negative ones are somewhat partial. Still, when I read over the copper toxicity symptoms, there were quite a few things that hit home, such as frequent candida infections. The causes also sounded familiar. And guess what? Chocolate has a high copper content, and I eat an insane amount of the stuff, especially lately.
At our old house I had a PC rather than laptop, and I have definitely felt the difference. Although like you I tend to ignore it.
On my PC I had a screen that gave it a better contrast and it helps with those nasty waves too.
This laptop hasn't got that and I need to look into it - whether you can get one for laptops.
Also, the laptop rests on my lap and this is BAD.
But a friend recently reminded me about rose quartz crystals.
I have had them for eyars, dispersed around my computers. But she said to place it between me nd the computer., that is, on my lap.
It's difficult to say 100% that it's working, but I swear there is a difference. I'm sure I'm feeling less 'buzzy'.
I'm hoping that at the new house when the laptop will be on a desk, and I'll somehow tape a rose quartz under the desk or somehting, that it'll be even better.
interesting about the copper personality. Problem is that you could find a dozen things that point to your symptoms. Diary is a big culprit for a lot of people. If you're feeling better after cutting it out then that's a big reason to look into it further.
Good luck! And seeing a naturopath is a great idea regardless.
I definitely think I ought to be cutting back on some things (like dairy) but I know I need to get an analysis done before trying to treat this...wouldn't want to make things worse! And with the excessive amount of chocolate I've been eating lately...I think I could cut back to a more reasonable amount!
Interesting post! It may just be me, or do both of your links point to the same article?
I agree that going to the naturopath is a great idea... I ask your intuition to guide you to the right one...
Both my husband and I visited a naturopath recently and she got us on the right combinations of supplements and now we both don't crave chocolate or sweets any more (and we were chocaholics). Really. I'm not sure what will work for you specifically, but we got on a good vitamin B, chromium and a good omega oils supplement. In particular, I think the chromium helps for those who crave chocolates.
Good luck in your journey...
Mon -- I like the idea re: the crystals...
Janice
Not craving chocolate? Actually, I believe you. My chocolate cravings fluctuate depending on what I eat as well as my stress levels.