24 February 2010

self-portrait: 11 years ago

Found this sketch I did eleven years ago. It's a self-portrait I did from copying a photograph of myself and the landscape from another picture (I don't draw out of my imagination very well). Must have been 18 or 19? Man, I miss that body! lol



It's a little damaged. Much of my old artwork was carelessly stored.

3 Comments:

  1. Carin said...
    That's lovely! I don't draw well from memory either, so used to draw from photographs as well.

    I can't find any of my old art work. Did lose a bunch of stuff a couple of moves ago. Think I must have lost it then. Time to build up some new stuff.
    Janice said...
    Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
    Lauren Wayne said...
    I think drawing from photographs is a legitimate artistic technique, isn't it? Not different from drawing from models, except that you can't move things around, I guess. What an interesting original photograph that must have been. It's got a great, organic yet dramatic feel to it.

Post a Comment